How to Download a Windows 10 ISO By Impersonating Other Devices
Microsoft allows you to download the latest Windows 10 ISOs from their site, but only if you are using a non-Windows browser user agent. This article will explain how to change your user agent in Chrome and Edge so you can download an ISO instead of using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.
Microsoft releases ISO files of every Windows 10 update, including the May 2019 Update, but you cannot download the ISO files from a Windows 10 device. If you open Microsoft’s Windows 10 download page, you’re only given the choice to get Windows 10 via the Update Assistant or Media Creation Tool.
You can download the Windows Media Creation Tool and create a bootable USB drive, but there is an easier way to download a Windows 10 ISO file – pretend to be a mobile device.
All you need is a web browser like Chrome or Edge and little knowledge of web developer tools.
Download ISO files with Google Chrome
To download Windows 10 ISO files using Google Chrome, please follow these steps:
- Go to Windows 10 download page in Chrome.
- Open Google Chrome menu.
- Tap on More Tools and then select Developer tools as shown below.
- Now press Ctrl + Shift + M to toggle device bar and select iPhone, iPad or a Pixel phone.
- Refresh the page to access direct download links.
- The above instructions are also valid for Chromium-based Microsoft Edge.
Download ISO files using classic Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Go to Windows 10 download page in Edge.
- Open Microsoft Edge menu, select More Tools and thenselect Developer tools.
- When the developer tools open, go to the Emulation tab and change the user agent string option to any non-Windows device such as “Apple Safari (iPad).”
- Wait a moment for the webpage to reload.
- You can now download ISO files.
By setting your browser to a non-Windows device, you are spoofing Microsoft’s website into thinking that you are not on Windows 10, thus you can download and save the ISO files.
Read the original article over at BleepingComputer.com.